Saturdays are always a good chance to get out and enjoy your leisure time with your family and friends, especially here at the lake! If you’re not spending your day on the waters of beautiful Smith Mountain Lake, you should head over to downtown Roanoke and check out the scene at City Market Saturdays sponsored by Haley Toyota for a variety of entertainment events!
Every Saturday from 11:00 am-2:30 pm on the downtown City Market the event offers a different experience for families and friends to enjoy. There will be a variety of live entertainment, cooking demonstrations from downtown chefs, workshops, street performers, family days and more. Best of all, all of these activities are FREE and you can browse the surrounding shops or partake in some downtown dining while you enjoy the festivities brought to you by Haley Toyota, Stellar One Bank, and Downtown Roanoke Inc.
The Schedule of Events includes:
- July 23rd- How-To: Canning by Virginia Cooperative Extension
- July 30th- Steel Drum Performance by Quest Academy
- August 6th- Barefoot West Band & Let’s Celebrate “Peach” Day on the Market
- August 13th- Cooking Demo
- August 20th- Downing Brothers Band
- August 27th- Wine Tasting on the Market
- September 3rd- Dirt Road Travelers Band
- September 10th- Hotel Roanoke Cooking Demo
- September 17th- Music by Sharayah Spears
- September 24th- Haley Toyota’s Harvest Festival
- October 1st- Poison Bottom Boys Band
With all these activities and more going on so close by, you’re sure to find something every member of your family and your friends will enjoy!